Daily Poem

Erm...I'm late. Desculpe. 

You might recognize this first one as being a more structured version of one of last week's poems. 

November 7
A silver moon
A silver dawn
A silver silence
Carried on
The rushing wings
Of frosty air.
And I?
Well, I do not belong
I am too permanent
And strong.
I crush the transience
Of frost
Beneath my feet
And it is lost.

November 10
Break the silence
Not the dream.
Nothing lasts forever.
Dream-worlds may
Erode and fall
But silent things are stronger.

You knew there had to be a piece of utterly inexcusable doggerel somewhere. Well, here it is:

November 11
East or West,
Home is best...
I'd like a home
Both East and West.

November 12
Contentment here
With what I have -
The things that are
Or are to be.
A fire clicking
In the stove,
A book at rest
Upon my knee.
The evening hours
Are a time
Of peace and warmth
And glowing light.
A homely hearth,
A labor done,
And pleasant fancies
Taking flight.

Comments

  1. There are some pretty good ones in here. Your East West one is rather clever. At least I think so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! You can comment using your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad or AIM account. If you don't have any of those, you can simply fill in one or both boxes on the Name/URL option. Feel free to leave me a link to your own blog or website - I'm always looking for more good things to read.

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting

Fairweather Blue