Lantern - Bearer in the Dark

Wow! I have been gone for so long! I've gotten out of the habit of writing poetry, which is a very, very bad thing. My life is much narrower and considerably less colorful without the splendid challenge and the mental, emotional, and spiritual release of poetry. 

This little offering is one I've been thinking about for awhile. I'm not completely satisfied with it, but perhaps it will serve to revive my poetic habits. 

Roam the waste of
Barren heart,
Trace the web
Of tempting art,
Wander, 'til
You see the spark...
Lantern - bearer
In the dark.

Comments

  1. Great to see you are writing again!
    It's a small piece but it gives the impression of something bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! You can comment using your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad or AIM account. If you don't have any of those, you can simply fill in one or both boxes on the Name/URL option. Feel free to leave me a link to your own blog or website - I'm always looking for more good things to read.

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting

Fairweather Blue

Chatterbox: Wayfarers