I Found Him by the Shore

I promised, way back in July, that I would begin introducing you to more of my characters. Even though she didn't feature in the original list, Carrie requested some more information about Bayarmaa, from God of Wind and Fire. Because I woke up insanely early on a Sunday morning and didn't feel like doing much else, I wrote out this little dialogue exchange for her.
source
"I found him by the shore." Bayarmaa bent gracefully and dipped up a bowlful of stew.
"And?"
She passed the dripping bowl. "And the grey rain was falling and the late sun gleamed through a cloud-rift and shone around him."
"He is very sick." Ganbold observed.
"He is strong."
"And Father says he will stay?"
"Would you turn a stranger from the hearth?"
Ganbold's jaw knotted. "No..."
"Is the food to your liking?" She inquired, sweetly. "What makes you frown so?"
"I wonder only what changes will come to us because of him."
"He is stern-faced and tall. He will do what he wills." She knelt by the hearth, watching the dance of the flame patterns as she added to fuel to the blaze. "Never have I seen a man sing in death's face, as he was singing when first I saw him."
"One change I foresee already; he will cause a flutter in many a maiden heart."
Bayarmaa's glance darted sidewise at her brother. "And jealousy in the young men?"
He returned her look squarely. "What would Chuluun think of him?"
"Chuluun is far away." Her voice was soft, uncertain.
"He will come. Before the winter he will come for you."
Her chin lifted a fraction. "There is time enough to think of that and more."
"Time? Yes, time for many things."
She rose and dusted ash from her clothes. "Many things."

Comments

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! You can comment using your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad or AIM account. If you don't have any of those, you can simply fill in one or both boxes on the Name/URL option. Feel free to leave me a link to your own blog or website - I'm always looking for more good things to read.

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting

Chatterbox: Wayfarers