Coffee Lover





"He could list off the best coffee grinder brands in his sleep. He could talk origins and roasting times and temperatures. He could make the best cup of coffee you'd ever tasted in your whole life. But when you asked him what his favorite was, you know what he'd say?" 

"What, Mom?" 

"He'd say, 'oh, no, I don't drink coffee. Never really liked it all that much. Just learned how to make it on account of my wife. She's a real coffee nut.'" 

"I guess that's the meaning of true love, then, huh?" 

"I guess so. Behind every successful woman is a man who makes her coffee."



Written in response to Art Stew 52 prompts: 'But First...' and 'Famous Duos' 

Comments

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! You can comment using your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad or AIM account. If you don't have any of those, you can simply fill in one or both boxes on the Name/URL option. Feel free to leave me a link to your own blog or website - I'm always looking for more good things to read.

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting

Chatterbox: Wayfarers